Required Dance Code
At Academy of Music & Dance, dancers are required to wear a uniform. See below for ordering the appropriate class attire.
It’s important for students abide by a dress code policy for the following reasons:
· A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher, and the art of dance.
· Teachers must be able to see the dancer's body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc.
· Hair must be properly secured and tied up off of the face and neck for all styles of dance. Hair must be up in a bun for Ballet/Tap and bangs out of the eyes. Hair must be in a Ponytail or bun for Hip Hop/Jazz and bangs out of the eyes.
· Jewelry must not be loose or dangling.
· Gum chewing is not allowed due to danger of choking and appearance.
· Wear only the required dance attire for your class. (Refer to the class dress code for the in which class you are registered.) The proper shoe or shoes are required for your dance class.
· No costumes are allowed in class unless a “dress up” day is announced by the individual teacher.
Click on the links below to see required dance wear for classes and to download the order form. Don't worry about sizes. You may try things on in class and take what you need that day or order from us. Items take about a week to come in.