3 1/2 - 5 Years
Imagine That! takes you and your preschooler on a musical journey of discovery and exploration…a journey limited only by the power of imagination. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, movement and literature to capture your child’s potential to learn and to encourage cognitive and literacy skills, creativity and individuality.
Kindermusik Imagine That! is designed for active, energetic, enthusiastic, and imaginative preschoolers and encourages socialization, sharing, and participating in group activities. Singing becomes a focus for enhancing the preschooler's vocal development as her expressive language is just beginning to emerge. Parents are invited to participate in the last 15 minutes for Sharing Time of the 45-minute class.
Age Range: 3 to 5 years
Class Structure: 16 classes in a semester
Class Length: 45 minute class each week
Class Size: Class with no more than 10 children
Parent Involvement: Last 10-15 minutes of class
His blanket becomes a superhero’s cape. A cardboard box doubles as her princess castle. Pots and pans become a drum set. And she sings all the time. Sound like someone you know? Every day brings a new discovery for the preschooler—slowly opening the doors of individuality and independence.
Using the power of music, Kindermusik’s Imagine That! taps into the preschooler’s creative spirit and boundless energy and focuses on developing learning strengths and self-confidence so he’ll be ready for school, prepared for future music lessons…or able to leap tall buildings.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Pretend Play -- Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement, and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor, and cognitive skills.
- Musical Variety and Singing -- Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for children to explore their many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialization.
- Storytelling and Literacy -- Each class is built on the development of a story, so you’ll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
- Parent Involvement -- Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. The preschooler experiences both in Imagine That! Caregivers participate in the last 10-15 minutes of class. Plus the At Home Materials ensures the learning continues at home with each child’s best teacher—the parent!
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and preschoolers, ages 3 to 5 years
- 16-week semester
- Weekly 45-minute class includes a variety of activities, with the last several activities in class shared with parents
- One set of At Home Materials—40-page activity book, two literature books, play set or game, instrument, and two CDs of music from class
45 Minute Class
Hello Weather! Let’s Play Together! — Sunshine, rain, snow, thunderstorms, and more in this imaginative and delightful weather-related musical adventure. Preschoolers create storm sounds with a drum to “Wild Storms,” jump in pretend puddles to “Mud Puddle Jump,” throw pretend snow-balls to “Snowballs,” and sing along to “Colors of the Rainbow.” With weather as our learning theme, preschoolers will explore musical styles that range from Opera to American folk, and become more self-sufficient in a creative musical environment that integrates music, pretend play, storytelling, movement, and more.
Home Materials: Two literature books—Michael Finnigan and Hurry Home, Little Kittens; the Hello Weather play set (pretend play manipulative component); two Home CDs with over 63 recordings of the stories, games, and weather-related sound effects played in class; a 46-page Family Activity Book; two instruments—1 pair of ankle bells and a rain shaker with scraper; all packaged in an optional Imagine That! backpack.
Hello Weather, Let’s Play Together Monthly Mini Themes:
45 Minute Class
Cities! Busy Places ~ Friendly Faces — In this unit, sidewalks, elevators, skyscrapers, and world-traveling photographers are the theme. Learning through the pretend play that preschoolers adore, we’ll be rhythmically busy playing storytelling games and handcrafting city “buildings” from wax paper at home so we can make a cityscape in class! Plus every activity has some at-home adaptations so the parent can take part in the learning. With a pair of resonator bars as a featured instrument, and a multicultural, jazzy collection of music, preschoolers will develop the social and intellectual skills they’ll need in school.
Home Materials: Two literature books—Razupazu Toto and Down Our Street, Cities! game board set (pretend play manipulative component), two Home CDs featuring a collection of multicultural and jazzy music heard in class, a Family Activity Book, a pair of resonator bars with mallets as the featured instrument, all packaged in an optional Imagine That! backpack.
Cities! Busy Places ~ Friendly Faces Monthly Mini Themes:
How do the At Home Materials add value to classes?
Kindermusik is much more than a weekly class and the At Home Materials you receive are just the tools you need to continue that one-of-a-kind experience together as a family. While we plant the seeds of learning through music in the classroom, you will use the At Home Materials in your home environment to cultivate lifelong learning.
Family involvement in your child’s learning is a fundamental cornerstone of the Kindermusik philosophy because we believe the parent is the child’s most important teacher and the home is the most important place for a child’s learning to take root and grow.-
What if I already have these materials?
$35 Sibling Kit:
Available to families whose older children have previously completed the exact unit. Please contact us with any questions you have prior to paying. When you pay the full materials fee, you will receive the full materials kit.
What’s in the Sibling Kit?
- Kindermusik Imagine That! Playset
- Musical instrument
- Activity Book